I am an artist and amateur photographer from Scotland. I work in a variety of media and don't have a set style of work, as you will see, because I find inspiration everywhere. I am currently producing and selling a number of products using my back-catalogue of work and introducing new pieces on a regular basis. My products include: posters, t-shirts, greetings cards, If you are interested in any of the products, please click on the corresponding photograph and you will be taken straight to the product page or visit the store to view all current products.

How Unoriginal!!

I have been doing some reproduction and 'inspired by' pieces to add to the Artform Nouveau collection. Some of these have been what I'd term artwork, whilst others like this one are more graphic design. It's based on a fabric design by Charles Rennie Mackintosh and whilst it seems very retro nowadays, it must have been very modern and ahead of it's time when he first created it. Personally, I think it's rather 1960's Flower Power and not so 19th Century Art Nouveau! Because of that I kept it in the ArtformTheHeart collection instead of adding it to the new one.

I worked in Photoshop for this one and did four simple, stylised flower outlines in separate layers then copied and pasted each layer until I had filled the design area. I then went back and did a layer below the outlines to add the colours and then finally added the 'dotted' lines and text. Being that it was done in photoshop, and on numerous different layers, once I'd completed it I went back and changed the hue/saturation on some of the layers so that I ended up with two versions.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...